Katherine J. Bestine is a 1985 graduate of the State University College at Buffalo and received her law degree from the University of Dayton Law School (Ohio-1989).
She was admitted to the New York State Bar in 1990.
Ms. Bestine has served on the Erie County Bar Association's Judiciary Committee and is currently a member of the Bar Association's Matrimonial and Family Law Committee, and its Practice and Procedures in Family Court Committee. In addition, she is a past-president of the Women Lawyers of Western New York; a member of the Women's Bar Association of the State of New York, Western New York Chapter and a Member of the New York State Bar Association. In 2005 the Women Lawyers of Western New York named her Lawyer of the Year. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc. which assists private attorneys in the delivery of pro bono legal services to indigent individuals and not-for-profit organizations. Ms. Bestine's community activities include serving as board member of the Ken-Ton Meals on Wheels, and also presently serving as a Trustee in the Village of Kenmore.
Most recently, Ms. Bestine, was honored by the Bar Association of Erie County as the recipient of the Rev. A. Joseph Bissonette Pro Bono Award, in recognition of her extraordinary commitment to providing pro bono legal services to those in need in our community. The award also recognizes Ms. Bestine’s service as a trusted and frequent volunteer with the Haven House Counsel & Advice Clinic for victims of domestic violence.
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial & Family Law
- New York, 1990
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- State University of New York College, Buffalo
Honors and Awards
- Pro Bono Award From Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc.
- Lawyer of the Year
- Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Volunteer Lawyers Project, Inc., Board of Directors
- Erie County Bar Association’s Matrimonial and Family Law Committee, Member
- Young Lawyers Committee of the Bar Association of Erie County, Director
- Young Lawyers Committee of the Bar Association of Erie County, Chair
- Women Lawyers of Western New York, Past-president
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Nominating Committee of the Bar Association of Erie County, Elected member
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteered for Haven House, a women’s domestic violence center
Thank you for your excellent service. We appreciated your patience and expertise as we worked through the important process of formulating a will and other related matters. It’s great to have you “on our side”