Family Law Attorneys Serving New York Since 1933
Advocating For Your Future
Unlike other areas of law, family law attorneys deal almost exclusively with people’s personal lives. At the New York firm of Cohen & Lombardo, P.C., we have an experienced group of lawyers who pride themselves on handling each case with compassion and focused individual attention. Our mission is to ensure that the results, whether obtained in the courtroom or at the negotiating table, are the most favorable possible for our clients.
We are skilled in the following matrimonial law matters, among others:
- Divorce and asset division — Our highly experienced lawyers frequently represent business owners, medical professionals and other high net worth individuals.
- Custody and visitation/access — We help parents develop effective parenting plans and time-sharing schedules designed to preserve their relationships with their children.
- Child support payments — Our firm has the creativity and knowledge to create fair child support agreements or modify existing ones.
- Alimony or maintenance — Spousal maintenance payments can be a hotly contested issue during divorce, but we have the skill to help both parties come to a resolution.
- Agreements — We draft and review prenuptial, postnuptial and separation agreements to ensure that our clients’ interests are protected.
- Paternity — Legally identifying a child’s biological father comes with many implications, and we can assist with all the related issues.
- Adoptions — Our firm assists stepparents, families and other parties who desire to adopt in New York.
- Name changes — Our lawyers assist individuals who wish to change their legal names.
- PINS proceedings — We represent parents who have had a child labeled a “Person In Need of Supervision” (PINS) due to truancy or other issues.
- Alternative dispute resolution — We assist clients with mediation, collaborative law and other less contentious methods of resolving family law disputes.
Attorneys who practice in this area of law include:
How can we help? Contact us
Thank you for your excellent service. We appreciated your patience and expertise as we worked through the important process of formulating a will and other related matters. It’s great to have you “on our side”