General Legal Information
- Lectric Law Library: An eccentric but eclectic source for legal information of all kinds.
- All Law: A legal topic search engine with links to other legal resources by topic.
Case Law, Statutes, & Legal Journals
- New York Court of Appeals: Decisions of New York’s hightest Court.
- NY Appellate Division: Decisions/opinions are only available 60 days online.
- Statutes: Statutes and codes of all 50 states including constitutions (provided by Cornell University).
- NY Lawguide: Criminal, Divorce, Traffic and Real Estate laws for New York.
- Supreme Court Opinions: Full text decision going back to 1937 in U.S. Reports (searchable via case cite or keywords).
- New York Law Journal: No explanation needed.
- General Code Publishers: Permits you to access full text and up to date codes.
- Financial Services Commission of Ontario: The website for the government organization that regulates Insurance in Ontario contains general information about auto insurance and claims in Ontario, health provider fees, insurance complaints, and guidelines for insurance companies.
- Insurance Bureau of Canada: Comprehensive site on Insurance Laws and Insurance Issues, with overview by Province and Territory . Links to publications. Auto Insurance section has information on insurance requirements for visitors to Canada, minimum limits, and statutory predetermination of fault.
Court Information & Rules
- New York State Courts
- U.S. Federal Courts
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Arbitration Rules: American Arbitration Association rules for No-Fault, SUM claims, and procedures for appeal to Master Arbitrator
State & Federal Agencies
- New York State’s Web Page
- Fedworld: Includes information of various federal government agencies.
- Kelly Blue Book: Used car values.
- NADA Blue Book: Cars, campers, motorcycles, whatever vehicle you’re looking for.
Other References/Miscellaneous Links
- Currency Conversions: Perform conversions between virtually any currencies.
- U.S. Zip Codes: Lookup zip code info by city, provided by U.S. Postal Service.
- Other References: A plethora of available references online.
- Fire Net: Links to fire hazards technology and fire related product recalls.
- New York State Insurance Fund: Good site with helpful information if you’re involved in insurance litigation.
- Vehicle Crash Data: Federal agencies and insurance companies rate new and used vehicles’ performance in side and front end collisions. This site includes information on amounts paid for personal injuries, collision damages as well as death rates for different makes and models.
- National Weather Service: Links to regional forecast offices which provide historical information on recent weather events.
Thank you for your excellent service. We appreciated your patience and expertise as we worked through the important process of formulating a will and other related matters. It’s great to have you “on our side”